We will be having a live stream of BADC again this year! Check back here for a live link on both competition days. Unfortunately, in order to view the livestream
you will need to create an account, but do not worry as there is no fee. Thank you!
Any teams using early check-in needs to email who will be representing the team to Teresa (email@example.com) so they will be added to a guest list for entrance into Lerner.
Early check-in this year will be on Friday 11/30 from 6-8pm on the Lerner Hall Ramps.
Team captains should bring a list of the competitors that you are paying for.
Please go to the main entrance to Lerner Hall (on campus) and let the front desk know you are here for the Big Apple Dancesport Challenge check-in. They will direct you to us.
We have many apparatus on hand for our students and performers. Equipment ranging from inversion tables, to gymnastic equipment is available for use prior to the show; to allow for proper and correct warm-up routines. Get inspired to use the correct gymnastic equipment; be lean, be prepared and be warm and ready!
Times listed are for the start times for each level and are approximate only! Please be ready to dance 30 minutes before the scheduled time. Please also note the 7:00 AM start time for Sunday, for all Syllabus Latin events!
The Columbia University Ballroom Dance Team is proud to announce that Michael Malitowski and Joanna Leunis, the current world Professional Latin Champions, will be performing at BADC on March 8 at 8 PM.
- $15 – General Admission(Student/Competitor)
- $30 – General Admission(Non-Student/Non-Competitor)
- $40 – Front Row Seating
- $50 – VIP tickets (Front Row Seats and a Meet & Greet with Michael and Joanna)
*Please note that show tickets are sold separately from registration.
Please note that all sessions, except for the Performance Showcase, are FREE to spectators.
We have many scholarships and prizes to offer this year, here are some of them:
- Open Rhythm: $75 (1st), $50 (2nd), $25 (3rd)
- Open Smooth: $300 (1st), $200 (2nd), $100 (3rd)
- Prechamp Latin & Standard: $75 (1st), $50 (2nd), $25 (3rd)
- Champ Standard: $300 (1st), $200 (2nd), $100 (3rd), $75 (4th), $50 (5th), $25 (6th)
- Champ Latin:$300 (1st), $200 (2nd), $100 (3rd), $75 (4th), $50 (5th), $25 (6th)
Hello Everybody, and thank you for coming to BADC this year! These are just some post-comp updates.
The other order of business is PICTURES! You can access pictures of the comp through this link. Galleries will have passwords removed as they are uploaded, so keep checking back for those awesome photos!.
Thank you very much and stay posted for the next BADC Competition! Early registration will open in early October.
The BADC board this year is:
- Chair: Spencer Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- External Liasion: Matt Lutz (email@example.com)
- Registrar: Bobbie Lock (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Housing and Volunteer Coordinator: Olivia Xiang (email@example.com)
- Officials Coordinator: Natalia Romano Spica (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Grants Coordinator: Roel Mercado (email@example.com)